Welcome to Karnataka Employment Service
- National Employment Service covers all the States and Union Territories except Sikkim and functions within the framework of the Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959.
- Day to day administration of the Employment Exchanges is with the State/UT Governments.
- It has a network of 947 Employment Exchanges as on 31-8-2005.
- As a part of administrative functioning, data are collected through 13 Employment Exchange Statistical Returns, each return covering a specific field of activity like registration, placement etc. with different periodicity.
- As a part of Employment Market Information Programme data are collected from the Organised Sector (all public sector establishments and all Non-agricultural private sector establishments with 10 or more workers) on employment, vacancies, occupational and educational pattern of employees etc. in ER-I and ER-II return prescribed under the Act.
EMPLOYMENT EXCHANGES (COMPULSORY NOTIFICATION OF VACANCIES) ACT, 1959.
- Provides for compulsory notification of vacancies and submission of employment returns (ER-I and ER-II) by employers to the Employment Exchanges.
- Applies to all establishments in the Public Sector and such establishments in the Private Sector as are engaged in non-agricultural activities and employing 25 or more workers.
- Enforcement of the Act is the responsibility of the States and Union Territories.
- Majority of the States/Union Territories have special enforcement machinery for this purpose.